Sidra Medical and Research Center is searching for a Physician - Pathology Genetics for the Pathology Dept. in their facility in in Doha, Qatar.
- The Junior Attending Physician is responsible for the delivery of a high quality evidence-based genetics service.
- The Junior Attending Physician reviews referrals, makes recommendations to referrers, has high-level input into diagnostic testing and approaches, and is part of the senior management team of the Pathology Genetics division in the Department of Pathology.
- At least 5 years of post-certification/residency in clinical care or education in the relevant field from Australia or New Zealand or a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with an accredited and recognized board.
- Demonstrable relevant knowledge and experience in Human Molecular Genetic Pathology.
- Experience is required in inherited disease and cancer genomics, with a technical focus on next-generation sequencing platforms/software and those approaches considered appropriate for molecular/cytogenetic assays.
- Hands-on experience with molecular analyses in a clinical setting (pre and post-natal) are considered essential, together with reporting using data from next-generation sequencing (panel/exome/genome), PCR-based testing, and FISH/cytogenetic tests.
- Participation in interdisciplinary meetings and inherited disease conferences will be required, as well as teaching responsibilities.
- MD (or MD equivalent) and/or MD/PhD degree and/or PhD. Completion of a residency program in Molecular Genetic Pathology and relevant Board Certification, or Fellowship of relevant College (FACMG; FCCMG; FRCPath; FRCPA; FFSc(FRCPA)
Certification and Licensure
- Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice.
- Board Certification (or equivalent) in Human Molecular Genetic Pathology.
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
This information can be obtained from Sidra Medical and Research Center, SIDRA4483