A Senior Attending Physician - Molecular Imaging is needed for for the Department of Radiology of Sidra Medicine in Ar Rayyān, Qatar
- The Attending Physician - Radiology provides specialist clinical radiology services for the Department of Radiology with particular regard to service provision in women’s, pediatric and neonatal imaging for patients and medical research.
- The individual occupying this position reports directly to the Division Chief - Body Imaging and works cooperatively with radiologists, department staff and other stakeholders, including referring clinicians and patients.
- Provides educational support in radiology to junior medical and other staff.
- The Senior Attending Physician - Radiology will have an academic appointment to Weill Cornell Medical College – Qatar.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Perform and provide interpretation of diagnostic radiologic imaging examinations, and provide diagnostic consultation related to diagnostic imaging to other members of the medical staff. Examinations, procedures, and studies performed will include the full range of diagnostic work that would be performed by an appropriately credentialed diagnostic radiologist. Routine studies such as plain film interpretation, the normal range of fluoroscopic examinations and common imaging procedures, and the interpretation of MRI, CT scans, and ultrasound are required. Interpretation of specialized exams such as mammography and fetal imaging is a dedicated skill and some radiologists with this skill will be required to provide this service.
- Prepare all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered and as required by Qatar State Law
- Provides clinical services as assigned. Responsible for clinical services provided in area during assigned time frame, which could include an evening shift rotation and participation in on call roster. All scheduling in radiology is established at the direction of the Chief of Radiology.
- Provide advice and opinions in support of diagnostic interpretations of radiological examinations and procedures as provided in conjunction with patient care.
- Read STAT and emergency diagnostic imaging studies and provide verbal/written results of critical values to clinical staff as directed by the facility policy.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Medical Degree (E.g MD, MBBS, MBBCH)
- Completion of residency program with specialty experience or training in Radiology from an accredited Western Board
- 2+ years of post-certification/residency in Diagnostic Imaging in the relevant field from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with accredited and recognized board, Australia or New Zealand.
- Experience at a dedicated paediatric or women’s medical imaging facility (Preferred)
- Knowledge and clinical experience in paediatric or women’s imaging (Preferred)
- Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
- Board Certification or its equivalent in Radiology from an accredited Western Board
- Eligible for licensure as a Radiologist in the State of Qatar
- Extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in appropriate diagnostic radiology imaging techniques and procedures
- Delivery of departmental clinical/technical training programs
- Demonstrated staff and resource management skills
- capability to work in a digital environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision-making Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Job posting date: 08 Jan. 2018
This information can be obtained from the Sidra Medicine Job posting on Linkedin.