Sidra Medical and Research Center is searching for a Physician – Otolaryngology for the Surgery Dept. in their facility in Doha, Qatar.
- Performs clinical care, education and research for the Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology and the Department of Surgery.
- Will be expected to perform at a high level to provide excellent care for patients and families.
- Should demonstrate leadership for the other members of the Otolaryngology team.
- Responsible for Care for patients in the outpatient setting, inpatient consultations, emergency call coverage, surgical care and surgical teaching, teaching of residents, fellows and other members of the staff, participation in otolaryngology meetings and patient rounds, and participation in individual or team research projects.
- Works on: Upper airway pathology, congenital and acquired head and neck pathologies, Rhinology, Otological and hearing related pathologies, experience in surgically implantable hearing devices as well as the usual secondary type pathologies related to pediatric otolaryngology practice.
- Responsible for ensuring a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, their families and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards set down by Sidra Medical and Research Center.
- Otolaryngology works as a full-time appointment to Weill Cornell Medical College – Qatar and collaborates with the Medical School, to provide teaching support for instruction regarding the otolaryngology curriculum (both general and pediatric-specific) by the members of the division for the undergraduate medical students and surgical residents as required for an ACGME curriculum.
- Medical Degree (E.g. MD, MBBS, MBBCH)
- Completion of residency program with specialty experience or training in Specialty Area from an accredited Western Board
- Sub specially Fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology (or equivalent training or certification).
- 2+ years of post-certification/residency in Otolaryngology in the relevant field from a North American Academic/ Healthcare Institution or
- equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or
- other European Countries with an accredited and recognized board, Australia or New Zealand.
- Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
- Board Certification or its equivalent in Otolaryngology from an accredited Western Board
- Eligible for licensure as an Otolaryngologist-Head and Neck Surgeon in the State of Qatar
- Strong Management and administrative functional experience
- Extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in performing pediatric Otolaryngology
- Demonstrated capacity to participate in multidisciplinary teams for Otolaryngology care,
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership of teaching programs to medical students, residents, and allied health care personnel
- Demonstrated staff and resource management skills
- Capability to work in a digital EMR environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision making Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suiteFluency in written and spoken English