Sidra Medicine is in need of a Physician Clinical Biochemistry for their facility in Qatar.
- The Clinical or Medical Biochemist (also known as Clinical Chemist/Scientist or Chemical Pathologist) reports directly to the Division Chief - Clinical Biochemistry, and indirectly to the Service Chief - Pathology.
- The Clinical/Medical Chemist represents his or her Division within the Department of Pathology, within Sidra and externally to provide, advance, and promote excellence in the investigation, and diagnosis of pediatric and/or maternal disease in the fields of Clinical Biochemistry and genetic metabolic diseases; and plans and directs the educational activities, research and diagnostic test development in the Division.
- The Clinical/Medical Chemist is responsible for provision of laboratory service; diagnostic testing, test interpretation, communication with medical staff, method/instrument validation, quality control and assurance; accreditation; participation in the management of the Division; teaching at various levels; basic and applied research;
- The Clinical/Medical Chemist is also responsible for all aspects of laboratory
- M.D. or equivalent medical degree
- PhD in Life Sciences discipline or related field AND
- Fellowship leading to certification in Clinical Biochemistry (ABCC or CACB/CSCC, FRCPath or equivalent) OR FRCPath (UK) with MSc/MPhil.
- 3+ years Clinical Biochemistry or medical biochemistry experience in hospital with Pediatric and/or Maternal clinical service (MD and/or PhD), OR 10+ years of Clinical Biochemistry experience (MSc/MPhil)
- Active license to practice Clinical Biochemistry in home country or country of training (or equivalent certification).
- American Board of Clinical Biochemistry or Canadian Society of Clinical Chemists or equivalent or Residency and specialty certification in Clinical Biochemistry
- Strong Medical Knowledge of established and evolving practice, Diagnostics, Therapeutics and training.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with varied staff efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changing workloads.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Job Posting Date: