Sidra Medical and Research Center is searching for a Neonatologist for their Neonatology Dept. in their facility in Doha, Qatar.
- Under supervision of the neonatology attending, the Hospital Neonatologist provides family-centered medical care services to neonates to establish diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases while emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention.
- Responsibilities include ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests; prescription of pharmacologic agents and treatments and non-pharmacologic therapies in a cost efficient manner.
- The HN is a health care resource, and patient advocate. Additional involvement in academic and quality improvement projects will be encouraged and required.
- Such activities include but are not restricted to participation in Nursing and Allied Health education, resident and fellow training, contribution to ongoing clinical research projects and/or the development of divisional guidelines or involvement in divisional multidisciplinary quality improvement projects.
- By delivering the very highest quality in clinical care, Sidra Medical and Research Center will serve as a magnet for patients within the borders of Qatar and beyond.
Sites of practice:
- NICU, Nursery & Labor and Delivery Suites.
- Inpatient patient care units.
- Telemedicine consultation when developed and appropriate.
- Procedure rooms in the hospital when needed and appropriate.
Site visits to referring and affiliated hospitals and clinics when requested and appropriate.
- Completion of residency program in the specialty area from an accredited Western Board of Pediatrics
- Sub-specialty Fellowship training in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
- 3 years of clinical experience including fellowship training.
Certification and Licensure:
- Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in Medical Research
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Job Closing date: 31 Dec. 2017
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
This information can be obtained from Sidra Medical and Research Center, SIDRA3906