Sidra Medical and Research Center is looking for a Medical Director - IVF for their Obstetrics and Gynecology Dept. in Doha, Qatar.
- Reporting to the Division Chief - Reproductive Medicine , the Medical Director – IVF provides clinical operational and educational leadership for the IVF service based in the Sidra OPC building.
- S/he will be a clinical, educational and managerial leader working with the executive team to develop and deliver: finalized Reproductive Health workflows, education, activation scheduling required for the development activation and established day to day operation of the department.
- In the context of the opening of this greenfield site, this includes constituting the Interprofessional teams that will provide the clinical care of the patients.
- The primary goal will be to allow the IVF Service department to open safely, and build to an efficient clinical care pathway that will meet the needs of the Qatari population, as defined by the Ministry of Public Health (formally Supreme Council of Health), and the appropriate Service Level agreements with Hamad Medical Corporation. The scope of practice for individual caregivers is governed by the Qatar Council for Health Care Practitioners.
- The Medical Director provides oversight, and, is responsible for ensuring that an appropriate curriculum for the the educational and testing of the IVF departmental staff. The model of care is an Interprofesional Team. The MD, with the clinic leadership, allied health, and operations branch will determine the readiness of the IVF department for opening and subsequent operation.
- The Medical Director has the authority to mandate each of these stakeholders to remedy or correct gaps in operational readiness discovered during the activation process. The Medical Director has the ultimate authority to determine if and when the IVF department is ready to begin and expand patient care activity.
- The individual occupying this position reports directly to the Division Chief - Reproductive Medicine and works cooperatively with the Operations, Allied health and Nursing teams and other stakeholders clinicians and patients.
- The Medical Director provides oversight and is responsible for ensuring the appropiatness and quality of service and care is continually provided to all patients, their families and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards set down by Sidra Medical and Research Center (and applicable national Standards) This includes ensuring that the clinical services required are available, with appropriate coverage for all events, and that the departmental resources are managed efficiently.
- The Medical Director – IVF provides oversight, and, is responsible for ensuring that processes are in place to ensure appropriate monitoring of the quality of the care provided within the IVF service working with the Director of Quality and Safety . This includes a process for identifying problems if they should ensue, and developing effective strategies for improving and optimizing outcomes on a continual basis.
- MD or equivalent qualifications (MBBCS & MBBch)
Residency Training in Pediatric or Women’s with completion of appropriate Board Certification
Experience as a program director or leader within Post-graduate medical education preferred.
- 10 + years of post-certification/residency in clinical care or education in relevant field from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with accredited and recognized board, Australia and New Zealand.
- 3+ years in Academic leadership
- Active license for Reproductive Health and IVF in Home country.
- Appropriate specialty board certification
Job closing date: 30 June 2018
Job location: Doha, Qatar
This information can be obtained from Sidra Medical and Research Center, SIDRA4611