- The Hospitalist – Hematology/Oncology within the Division of Hematology/Oncology, is a Board Eligible/Certified physician with clinical training in Pediatrics and advanced training and experience in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
- Under supervision of the Attending Physicians, the Hospitalist – Hematology/Oncology provides family-centered medical care services to pediatric and adolescent patients with suspected or confirmed malignancies, other tumors and primary hematologic disorders.
- The scope of responsibilities includes establishing a diagnosis through the appropriate tests and procedures, treatment of the disease with curative intent where such a treatment exists and providing appropriate palliative and supportive care where such curative therapy is not available.
- The Hospitalist – Hematology/Oncology is expected to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary manner with other services to provide the best care possible.
- The Hospitalist – Hematology/Oncology is a health care professional and patient advocate.
- Additional involvement in academic and quality improvement projects is encouraged and required.
- Such activities include but are not restricted to participation in Nursing and Allied Health education, Resident and Fellow training, contribution to ongoing clinical research projects and/or the development of divisional guidelines or involvement in divisional multidisciplinary quality improvement projects.
- By delivering the very highest quality in clinical care, Sidra Medical and Research Center serves as a magnet for patients within the borders of Qatar and beyond.
- Completion of residency program in the General Pediatrics
- Board Certification in Pediatric Hematology and/or Oncology Preferred
Experience: One year experience in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Certification and Licensure: Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in Medical Research
- Fluency in written and spoken English