- The Hospital Intensivist (HI) within the Division of Cardiology/Critical Care, is a Board Eligible/Certified physician with advanced academic preparation and clinical training in Critical Care.
- Under supervision of the critical care Attending Physician, the HI provides family-centered medical care services to pediatric patients to establish diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases while emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention.
- Responsibilities include ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests; prescription of pharmacologic agents and treatments and non-pharmacologic therapies in a cost efficient manner.
- The HI is a health care resource and patient advocate.
- Additional involvement in academic and quality improvement projects is encouraged and required.
- Such activities include but are not restricted to participation in Nursing and Allied Health education, resident and fellow training, contribution to ongoing clinical research projects and/or the development of divisional guidelines or involvement in divisional multidisciplinary quality improvement projects.
- By delivering the very highest quality in clinical care, Sidra Medical and Research Center serves as a magnet for patients within the borders of Qatar and beyond.
- MD degree (or equivalent)
- Board Certification Pediatrics
- 1+ year experience in Critical Care unit
Certification And Licensure
- Licensed to practice Medicine in the country of origin/ country of training
Job Specific Skills And Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in Medical Research
- Fluency in written and spoken English