Mediclinic Group is looking for a Western Consultant Vascular Surgeon to Mediclinic Airport Road in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Provides comprehensive Vascular Surgery care to patients according to current best-evidence based standards, using best judgment at all times and in accordance with Mediclinic Group Medical Staff By laws and Rules and Regulations.
- Participates equitably in the on-call roster. Participates in the oversight and professional development of any junior medical staff in the department.
- Participates in the educational activities of the Medical Staff as a whole.
- Conducts clinical audits in line with Medical Advisory Committee requirements.
- Participates in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the department and the Hospital.
- Participates in activities and opportunities to promote the department and the hospital to the general public and wider medical community of Abu Dhabi and the UAE.
- Fulfills professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects of Vascular Surgery.
- Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- The post holder is responsible for providing comprehensive Specialist level patient care in Vascular Surgery however this responsibility may be shared with the other specialist/consultant Vascular Surgery in the hospital Liaises with patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff, referring doctors.
Licensing and Education:
- Basic Medical Degree recognized by Health Authority Abu Dhabi. Completion of a recognized higher professional education program.
- Certification of higher professional education recognized by Health Authority Abu Dhabi: FRCS plus CCST in Vascular Surgery, or FRCSC, or FRACS, or equivalent recognized by Health Authority Abu Dhabi.
Specialized Skills/Abilities/Experience: Appropriate experience and competency in all aspects of Vascular Surgery including specialized Vascular Surgery procedures.Generic Skills/Abilities/Experience:
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience at a consultant level, since gaining higher qualification.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education. Publication in peer-reviewed journals would be well regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement for better health outcomes.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English. High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal and organizational skills. Good computer literacy.
Job closing date: 27 May 2018
Job Location: Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE
This information can be obtained from Mediclinic Careers