The New Mowasat Hospital in As Sālimīyah, Kuwait is in need of a Consultant in Urology.
- The Consultant – Urology plans, directs, coordinates, administers and supervises patient care activities for urology patients in accordance with Ministry of Health regulations, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations and Surgical department Policy & Guidelines.
- Reports on matters relating to patient care to the Medical Director through the Clinical Director.
- Works primarily in the hospital environment such as the emergency room, inpatient surgery wards, operating room, and outpatient clinics.
- May get exposed to infections and close contact with the patients.
- Subject to unpredictable or crisis situations May have to work long hours, in shifts and be available on-call to deal with medical emergencies.
- Occasionally involves prolonged standing/walking.
- Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Medicine followed by specialized training in urology and reproductive health.
- Membership/ Fellowship (preferably of the Royal College) and/or PhD /MD Degree in the relevant specialty.
- Licensing: Valid License from Ministry of Health-Kuwait to practice as a Urology Consultant
- Experience: 12 years’ experience with minimum 7 years’ experience post Fellowship/Membership or PhD /MD in Urology
- Management Skills: Problem Solving, Decision Making, Counselling and Critical Thinking skills; Attention to detail and a Team Player
- Soft Skills: Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and Hospital MIS
- Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
Posting Date: 1 Dec. 2017